Questions to Ministers
1. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with National Bank Chief Economist Cameron Bagrie that we are not seeing an export-led recovery, and increased activity in “spending centric” sectors such as housing is “not the stuff of a durable, long-term, sustainable upswing”?
2. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: Does the most recent National Employment Indicator show that there are more or fewer jobs now than when his Government came into office in 2008?
3. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Finance: What will be the Government’s approach in the Budget to ensure it remains on track to fiscal surplus in 2014/15?
4. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: What is the percentage reduction in foreign policy or diplomatic staff he has set out in his paper to the Cabinet Committee on State Sector Reform and Expenditure Control, dated 26 April 2012?
5. JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister of Health: What decisions has the Government made in relation to providing better services at Counties Manukau District Health Board?
6. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Education: What support did her Ministry offer to Moerewa School before the decision was made to close the satellite senior class and send in a Commissioner, Mike Eru, and what is the purpose of his appointment?
7. Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Associate Minister of Education: Has he read or received the Ministry of Education advice provided to the previous Minister of Education, which states charter schools “have not consistently led to significant increases in achievement”?
8. DENIS O’ROURKE to the Minister of Defence: Is he satisfied that all issues arising from the 2010 ANZAC Day helicopter accident have been properly dealt with by the Government and the RNZAF?
9. MIKE SABIN to the Associate Minister of Social Development: What steps has the Government recently taken to combat welfare fraud?
10. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Prime Minister: Did the assurances that Hon John Banks gave his office regarding his compliance with the Local Electoral Act, which he has accepted, include an assurance that any donations for radio advertising during the 2010 mayoral election were correctly recorded?
11. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister of Conservation: What are the likely benefits of the new tourism-conservation partnership with Air New Zealand?
12. CLARE CURRAN to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement to the Otago Daily Times on 21 April 2012 that he was not aware of KiwiRail’s decision to sell off the Dunedin Hillside workshop prior to the announcement?