QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Does he take any responsibility as a shareholding Minister for Solid Energy’s precarious financial position?
2. MAGGIE BARRY to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making in its programme to offer New Zealanders minority shareholdings in energy companies?
3. ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does he agree with Grey Power New Zealand that “Privatisation means not only higher prices, but suppression of energy efficiency and household energy options that reduce electricity sales and profits”; if not, why not?
4. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Finance: Does the Half Year Economic and Fiscal Update 2012 state that the Government’s operating balance before gains and losses will be worse off by $441 million over the next five years if the Government proceeds with the partial sale of state owned assets; if so, why does his asset sale programme increase the Government’s budget deficit?
5. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by all her statements on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 in relation to her welfare reform programme?
6. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: What announcements has she made on the Social Media Innovations Fund, part of the Prime Minister’s Youth Mental Health package?
7. JULIE ANNE GENTER to the Minister of Transport: Why did he agree to building Transmission Gully as a Public Private Partnership, which would treble the cost to over $3.4 billion, as confirmed by NZTA CEO Geoff Dangerfield?
8. IAN McKELVIE to the Minister for the Environment: What announcements has the Government made today aimed at improving our resource management system?
9. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by his requirement for District Health Boards to operate within their agreed financial plans; if not, why not?
10. COLIN KING to the Minister of Conservation: Has he received the final report from the Board of Inquiry on King Salmon’s application for additional space in the Marlborough Sounds?
11. KEVIN HAGUE to the Minister of Health: Is he satisfied with District Health Boards’ performance against his targets for the health sector?
12. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Minister of Defence: Does he take responsibility for Defence Force morale reaching the lowest level since surveys began, attrition rates soaring to over 21 percent and reduced Defence Force capability; if not, why not?