The 10-hour annual review debate looking at Government spending in the 2014/15 year began after today’s Question Time and General Debate.
The annual review debate is part of the legislative process (the committee of the whole House stage) for theAppropriation (2014/15 Confirmation and Validation) Bill.
It begins with a two hour debate on the Government’s financial statements (discussing the overall management of the economy), followed by a further eight hours in total to debate ten themes:
- Economic Development and Infrastructure Sector
- Education and Science Sector
- Environment Sector
- External Sector
- Finance and Government Administration Sector
- Health Sector
- Justice Sector
- Māori, other Populations and Cultural Sector
- Primary Sector
- Social Development and Housing Sector
These themes are the same as those used in the 2014/15 Budget.
The annual review debate must be completed before Budget Day on 26 May 2016.