QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What will be the main focus of Budget 2013?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
3. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Education: Given the Salvation Army’s State of the Nation report shows a widening education gap between students from wealthier and poorer communities, would she have done anything differently, in hindsight, to better support children in lower decile schools?
4. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of Police: What announcements has the Government made on the availability of new technology for frontline Police to help them in their fight against crime?
5. DENIS O’ROURKE to the Minister for Economic Development: What progress, if any, has the Government made in the area of regional development?
6. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his Budget 2012 statement “We are moving towards growth that is driven by savings, exports, and productive investment in the parts of the economy that trade with the rest of the world”?
7. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Education: What reports has she received on the 2012 NCEA results?
8. JACINDA ARDERN to the Deputy Prime Minister: Does he agree with the Salvation Army whose report states today that “Another year of minimal change in levels of child poverty was matched by little tangible progress being made by the Ministerial Committee on Poverty”; if not, why not?
9. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: What steps is the Government taking to reduce costs for New Zealanders using their mobile devices overseas?
10. HONE HARAWIRA to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: Does he agree that a Māori and Pacific unemployment rate that has been nearly three times higher than the Pākehā rate for each of the four years of his Government’s time in office signals the failure of the National Governments employment, education, skills and training policies for Māori and Pacific peoples; if not, why not?
11. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by all of her decisions as Minister of Education; if not, which, if any, particular decisions does she now regret?
12. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Ethnic Affairs: What is the Government doing to increase the leadership capabilities in youth of ethnic minorities?