QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the outlook for the economy this year – and particularly for monetary policy and interest rates?
2. Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Will the Government be announcing a greenhouse gas emissions reduction target for 2030; if so, when?
3. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree that asset and income inequality have increased over the past 30 years; if not, why not?
4. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: What recent reports has she received on the progress of the Government’s welfare reforms?
5. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Minister of Defence: Why did he decide to source new training aircraft for the Royal New Zealand Air Force from Wichita Kansas rather than Hamilton New Zealand despite a 40-year relationship with the New Zealand company, Pacific Aerospace?
6. COLIN KING to the Minister of Science and Innovation: How is the Government supporting genetics research in the sheep and beef sector?
7. RICHARD PROSSER to the Minister of Defence: Is he satisfied with all aspects of the Air Force deal to buy 11 American T-6C aircraft; if so, why?
8. JACINDA ARDERN to the Deputy Prime Minister: Does he agree with the Expert Advisory Group on Solutions to Child Poverty that “The available evidence overwhelmingly supports greater investment in the early years of a child’s life”?
9. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of Conservation: What advice has he received about the impacts of pests on our native birds, particularly Kiwi, and how will a beech mast this year affect these birds survival?
10. DENISE ROCHE to the Minister of Labour: Will he commit to regulating the hours of work in the forestry sector immediately, given there have been 11 worker deaths in the sector in the past 13 months; if not, why not?
11. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Does he stand by all his statements?
12. LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister of Corrections: What recent updates has she received on the implementation of working prisons?