Questions to Ministers – Nov 2
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in his Minister for Building and Housing, given the nearly 8,000 shortfall in new houses in Auckland in the past year?
- RON MARK to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
- DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the economy?
- Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: Does he agree with Professor Max Abbott who said, “Ten DHBs are in financial strife despite big moves to increase efficiency and extend services the best they can. I think it does suggest that more funding is required to health generally and also mental health”; if not, who is out of touch, Professor Abbot or him?
- Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Will the Government’s proposed approach to accounting for forestry and other land uses from 2021 reduce the quantity of greenhouse gas emissions New Zealand is liable for after 2021, when compared with the existing accounting approach; if so, by how much?
- SARAH DOWIE to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: What progress is being made on recovering student loan debt from overseas-based borrowers?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Justice: On what date was the decision taken to delay the introduction of legislation to implement Phase Two of the Anti-Money Laundering legislation, and what are the specific “compliance costs” that “average mums and dads” will face as a result of the implementation of that legislation?
- Dr SHANE RETI to the Minister of Health: Can he confirm that primary-care funding has gone up from $667.2 million in 2008/09 to an estimated $892.7 million in 2016/17, an increase of about 34 percent, and what improvements to primary-care service does this increase deliver?
- JAN LOGIE to the Associate Minister for Social Development: Is she confident that requiring community groups to hand over individual client details as a condition of funding will result in better outcomes for people who access those services?
- TODD MULLER to the Minister for Social Development: What recent announcements has she made on the Government’s progress on Better Public Service Result one?
- PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Transport: Does he support light rail from the Auckland city centre along Dominion Road to reduce congestion and improve urban amenity along the route?
- MARK MITCHELL to the Minister of Customs: What announcements has she made regarding the Government’s investment into front-line drug detection equipment for Customs?
Questions to Members
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Chairperson of the Local Government and Environment Committee: How many submitters were heard on the Resource Legislation Amendment Bill, referred to the Local Government and Environment Committee on 3 December 2015, and when were those submissions heard?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Chairperson of the Local Government and Environment Committee: Has he, as Chair, put on the agenda the giving of complete drafting instructions to the Parliamentary Counsel Office on the Resource Legislation Amendment Bill; if not, why not?